Servings 4, Serving Size 3 poppers
6 – large jalapeño peppers
12 – slices of regular thickness bacon
1 – 8 oz pack of Neufchâtel cheese (softened)(you can use regular Philadelphia cream cheese)
1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp – Holy Gospel BBQ rub (substitute your favorite rub if you don’t have Holy Gospel)
Tooth picks may be needed
- Preheat smoker to 250F
- Halve the jalapeños, remove seeds with a spoon or pairing knife
- Mix the seasoning, sharp cheddar and cream cheese in a bowl
- Put mixture inside each jalapeño
- Wrap each popper half with a slice of bacon. I didn’t need to use toothpicks to keep the bacon in place but you may need to
- Sprinkle some extra BBQ rub on top of each popper
- Put in smoker and smoke for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check after an hour and monitor and cook until done.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10-12 minutes and then serve.